Purchase of a Freehold Residential Property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including:
- dealing with registration at the Land Registry, and
- dealing with Stamp Duty Land Tax in England, (Stamp Duty), or Land Transaction Tax in Wales (Land Tax).
All our prices quoted are exclusive of VAT
Value of Transaction Conveyancing fees
- £0.00 to £100,000 £525.00
- £100,000 to £150,000 £550.00
- £150,000 to £200,000 £600.00
- £200,000 to £250,000 £700.00
- £250,000 to £300,000 £775.00
- £300,000 to £350,000 £850.00
- £350,000 to £400,000 £925.00
- £400,000 to £450,000 £1,000.00
- £450,000 to £500,000 £1,075.00
- Over £500,000 – To be advised upon request for quote
Other Potential Fees:
Additional legal fees of £250.00 would be added for the following: –
- Help to Buy Purchase
- Shared Ownership Purchase
We charge the sum of £30.00 for each Electronic Transfer of Funds (CHAPS/TT)
Disbursements on a Purchase:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees.
Search Fees of approximately £300.00 (Dependent upon Local Authority)
Land Registry Fees based upon the purchase price (Please see Scale One)
Stamp Duty/Land Tax based upon on purchase price & buyers position in respect of relief applicable. (click here for details)
How long will my house Purchase take?
This will depend on the individual circumstances of your purchase, however, the average process would normally take between 6-8 weeks
The process may be quicker or slower, depending upon any chain.
An example is that if you are a first-time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take as little 4-6 weeks to exchange of contracts, with completion shortly thereafter.
Please note that our fees are exclusive of VAT and assumes that:
- It is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise;
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation, and
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional costs and disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.