Re-Mortgage of Leasehold Residential Property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the Re-Mortgage of your home.
All our prices quoted are exclusive of VAT
Value of Transaction Conveyancing fees
- £0.00 to £350,000 £750.00
- £350,000 to £450,000 £875.00
- £450,000 to £500,000 £950.00
- Over £500,000 – To be advised upon request for quote
Other Potential Fees:
Additional legal fees of £250.00 would be added if the re-mortgage relates to;
a Shared Ownership property, Help to Buy element or second charge
We charge the sum of £35.00 for each Electronic Transfer of Funds (CHAPS/TT)
Disbursements on a Leasehold Re-Mortgage:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees.
Search Fees of approximately £300.00 (Dependent upon Local Authority)
Land Registry Fees for Official Copy Entries of the Register £6.00 (plus VAT)
Land Registry Fees as per value of the property (Please see Scale Two Fees)
No Search Indemnity Policy (To be advised based on the lender and value of the property)
There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. We will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease from the seller’s solicitors.
The following is a list of anticipated disbursements, however, such disbursements can vary from property to property and on occasion can be significantly more expensive than anticipated.
Notice of charge fee – This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £50.00 and £100.00 (plus VAT).
We can provide you with an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
How long will my Leasehold Re-Mortgage take?
How long it will take to complete your re-mortgage is largely dependent on receipt of your mortgage offer. The average process takes between 4 to 5 weeks from receipt of your mortgage offer.
Please note that our fees are exclusive of VAT and assumes that:
- It is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- It is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease;
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise;
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation, and
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional costs and disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.