Sale of a Leasehold Residential Property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your home.
All our prices quoted are exclusive of VAT
Value of Transaction Conveyancing fees
- £0.00 to £100,000 £1,025.00
- £100,000 to £150,000 £1,050.00
- £150,000 to £200,000 £1,075.00
- £200,000 to £250,000 £1,150.00
- £250,000 to £300,000 £1,250.00
- £300,000 to £350,000 £1,325.00
- £350,000 to £400,000 £1,400.00
- £400,000 to £450,000 £1,475.00
- £450,000 to £500,000 £1,550.00
- Over £500,000 – To be advised upon request for quote
Other Potential Fees
Additional legal fees of £250.00 would be added if the sale relates to a Shared Ownership property or of there is a Help to Buy element.
We charge the sum of £35.00 for each Electronic Transfer of Funds (CHAPS/TT)
Disbursements on a Leasehold Residential Sale:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees.
Land Registry Fees for Official Copy Entries of the Register £6.00 (plus VAT).
There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease.
Such disbursements can vary from property to property and on occasion can be significantly more than anticipated.
Management pack fee – This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £100.00 to £400.00 (plus VAT).
We can provide you with an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
How long will my Leasehold Residential Sale take?
This will depend on the individual circumstances of your sale, however, the average process would normally take between 8 to 10 weeks.
The process may be quicker or slower, depending upon any chain.
Furthermore, if you are selling a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 3 and 4 months. In such a situation additional charges would apply.
Please note that our fees are exclusive of VAT and assumes that:
- It is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- It is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease;
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise;
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation, and
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional costs and disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.