Trusts and Estate Administration
Following the death of a loved one the responsibility of dealing with the estate can be overwhelming. At Latham & Co we can give you as much assistance as you need. We will offer straightforward advice and support to help you deal with both the practical and legal issues.
We have many years of experience in administering both trusts and estates, and we will ensure that matters are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
We can advise on the following:-
- Immediate steps to be taken following a death
- Responsibilities of an executor (and/or trustee)
- Obtaining the required valuation of assets
- Obtaining details of any liabilities and preparing Trustee Notices
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- Interpreting the Will or advising on the correct procedures where there isn’t a Will
- Dealing with Inheritance Tax issues
- Gathering in the assets and paying any debts
- Distributing the estate in accordance with the Will, or the law (if no Will)
- Preparing accounts for the administration of the estate
- Advising and dealing with any ongoing trusts
We can provide an estimate of costs upon request once we have had an opportunity to discuss with you the particular issues involved and your particular requirements
To find out more about Latham & Co us please call our Loughborough office on 01509 238822 or our Melton Mowbray office on 01664 563012.
We look forward to hearing from you.