trusts probate estate administration solicitors Melton Mowbray Loughborough will wills
Trusts, Probate and Estate Administration
Following the death of a loved one the responsibility of dealing with the estate can be overwhelming.
We can give you as much assistance as you need. At Latham & Co we will offer straightforward advice and support to help you deal with both the practical and legal issues.
At Latham & Co we have many years of experience in administering both trusts, and estates, and we will ensure that matters are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
We have specialist lawyers based in both our Melton Mowbray & Loughborough offices.
At Latham & Co we can advise on the following:-
- Immediate steps to be taken following a death
- Responsibilities of an executor (and/or trustee)
- Obtaining the required valuation of assets
- Obtaining details of any liabilities and preparing Trustee Notices
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration
- Interpreting the Will or advising on the correct procedures where there isn’t a Will
- Dealing with Inheritance Tax issues
- Gathering in the assets and paying any debts
- Distributing the estate in accordance with the Will, or the law of intestacy (if no Will)
- Preparing accounts for the administration of the estate
- Advising and dealing with any ongoing trusts
We can provide you with an estimate of costs once we have had an opportunity to discuss with you the particular issues involved and your particular requirements.