Family Divorce Children solicitors Melton Mowbray Loughborough contact separation matrimonial
At Latham & Co we understand that going through a Divorce or Separation can be a very difficult time especially where children are involved.
We have the experience and expertise to to provide you with advice and assistance when you need it most.
We have a strong tradition of serving the people of Melton Mowbray, Loughborough, throughout Leicestershire and the surrounding counties with regard to divorce, relationship breakdown and children matters.
We understand that clients face legal, emotional and practical problems when separating and seeking to resolve family disputes. We believe that it is at these times that both reliable and straight-forward advice is needed.
At Latham & Co we also recognise the need to plan ahead and avoid possible pitfalls in the future when entering into a new relationship.
Family issues cover a broad range of advice that include:-
- the legal and financial implications of separation and divorce
- cohabitation, marriage and civil partnership
- international aspects of divorce & dissolution
- the preservation and division of the family’s resources; including the family home, investments (including property), businesses, pensions, savings and even liabilities
- the provision of financial support following separation and even before financial matters are finalised including Spousal Support and Spousal Maintenance
- the effect of separation upon children, including child arrangements (previously known as contact, residence, custody and access) maintenance and even the risk of child abduction
- parental responsibility and special guardianship applications
- domestic abuse; protecting both yourself and the children, excluding your former partner from the home where necessary
- pre-nuptial, post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- pre-civil partnership agreements
- separation agreements when an immediate divorce is not planned
- changing your name or that of your children
At Latham & Co we can offer our reasoned advice on these matters and assistance in the most difficult cases. We can provide help as a matter of urgency, where needed.
Circumstances vary but our aim is to resolve matters quickly, pragmatically, discreetly and in a cost-effective manner for our clients.
Our specialist family solicitor is Christopher Bell who has many years experience in this area of practice and is an certified member of the Law Society’s Family Law Accreditation Scheme and a member of Resolution.
We can provide an initial fixed fee interview in either our Melton Mowbray or Loughborough Offices at your convenience.